blogging
I've been blog-stalking tonight. That's what Brian calls it when I go onto my friends' blog pages and then venture into the pages of their friends. There's some weird stuff out there! I watched Rudy and the Huxtables dance to Holiday from Dacia's "Stuff Christians Like" link. I also found a strange blog called "Secret Post". Jenny's "Pioneer Woman" is awe-inspiring, and definitely intimidating. These people I meet online, I never actually talk to them, but I learn from them. I take some of their ideas and use it to create my week. Perhaps I will find a sling to wear Zeke in to the park since he now hates his Baby Bjorn (from Jenny's blog). Maybe I should put a "pray for Obama" post-it on the wall above my sink (from Dacia's blog).
All in all, a wasted evening? I don't know. Maybe I can think of it as doing social research into what people my age, all of us 20-somethings, are doing with our evenings when we're not rocking babies, studying for master's degrees, knitting, writing to our congressmen and women. I've thought a lot lately about this generation. We are creative, thoughtful, ridiculously optimistic and on the other hand painfully cynical. We are private in actual conversation, but as I see tonight, appallingly vulnerable to the much more (?) public world of the internet. Brian and I had an intense conversation this afternoon as the babes were napping; his paper this week is an analysis of the mistakes made in the days leading up to the war in Iraq. The reading he has been doing lends interesting and disturbing insights into that memory of just a few years ago. What is going to happen in the next few years, I wonder. What kind of world will my children grow up in? I have such conflicted emotions about war and politics. There is no way to know, aside from faith, what decisions will have the least costly effects. I feel sorry for our current president, after hearing a reporter ask him what regrets he leaves office with. I feel great concern for the pres-elect and all that he faces. Let's pray, my online blogging community!
That being said...this is really supposed to be more of a scrapbook of my sweet and lovely family life. I'm so grateful for my handsome man, and my funny children, the youngest of whom is .

2 Comments:
thanks for your sweet comment and the little shout out in your blog. you are so funny! i'm amazed at how much i've learned from other people's blogs.
also, i wrote about it in my last post, but if you've never read the bring the rain blog, you should go there and read angie's story. you will be inspired! and cry! :-) http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/
i'm so glad i can keep up with your little family on your blog. i love to see pics of the kiddos! i can't believe zeke is crawling already!!!!
Zeke's crawling?! WOW! He is so advanced for his age:)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on our culture, too. That was an interesting observation, too, about how much we'll share on the world-wide web, while we won't share as much when talking one-on-one with a friend. It's true that I kind of treat my blog like a journal sometimes, not really considering the fact that it can be read by anyone who cares to take the time.
Well, we miss you guys as always! It was hard celebrating Thanksgiving without you all!!! Love, Nicole:)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home