Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Commandeered

I am going to commandeer the blog from my wife to share a couple awesome Sadie and Zeke stories…

- One morning a couple weeks back, we were awoken with screams coming from Zeke’s room. Approaching his door, we saw the light is on and there is Sadie… who had somehow managed to reach through the slats of the crib and not only wake up her brother, but remove all his clothes and diaper. I would be mad too.

- Another fun morning, she crept into his room, and this time chose to leave him clothed. However, she found the jar of Vaseline in his changing table and proceeded to cover his head and arms, as well as her own, in petroleum jelly. And ever since, we have been trying (with minimal success) to wash it all out of her hair. We have tried all the solutions we can find online… she is going to be a little greasy for a while.

- As those previous two posts show, she is sleeping in her “big girl” bed now, but is not always staying in her bed. It is common to find her on the floor of her room, in our room, or sometimes just quietly lurking through the house early in the morning. And when you catch her, she lowers her head, closes her eyes and acts like she cannot see you. Not sure what she is trying to pull, but it looks pretty funny.

- And some of the latest Sadieisms…
-As we are about to go on a walk last night, she says “I want to ride my tripickle”… Lovin it.
-And the improper use of “Oh my goodness” and “Goodness gracious” and my new, personal favorite “Oh my gracious…” As in, “Oh my gracious, it is time for lunch…” or any other benign thing that now, in her 2 year old mind, deserves a great exclamation!
-Sadie can play pretend like a champ. At a tea party (water party) she was having a couple weeks back, she ran out of the drink of choice. She takes it upon herself to go and “refill” the pitcher of water and continue her service (force drinking) of water to all in the room. It struck me that I never heard the sink come on and the toilet might have been an easier source of water and I definitely thought we should know where the water came from before anyone drank some. After numerous questions about the origination of the water combined with numerous refusals to drink the aforementioned water, she says, with attitude.. “I got it from the ‘fink’… OK!?” OK Sadie… OK… =)
-And lastly, every morning as I put on my clothes to go to work, I am greeted with “Don’t go to work, OK…” That makes me smile every time.

And a couple recent favorites of the kiddos... two of Sadie being Sadie, two of Zeke being Zeke, and the last one... for Uncle Bretton... our kids in "their" Lamborghini next to 2 real ones we saw downtown... Hope everyone is having a great September so far!

3 Comments:

At 5:17 PM , Blogger mikeandmelissafisher said...

Entirely too cute. Good to hear from the Daddy!

 
At 4:48 PM , Blogger Tiffany said...

Nice, Brian! Well done. I can't believe El didn't tell me about Sadie in Zeke's room. Hysterical! Well, maybe not for ya'll at the moment.
Can I still take credit for teaching Sadie how to play pretend? :)

 
At 4:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey El! I love reading this stuff! You were always such a talented writer. I remember some story you wrote about a boy and how you used the word "lukewarm" and "chocolate" together talking about his breakfast.???
How are your classes going?
I'm dying to spend some time with ya'll and hear some of Sadie's prayers. What a great thing to read this morning. That was my quiet time. Nothing like a child to remind you of what's important.
Love you girl.
Lauren

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home