
Yesterday, we went on a visit to the Kawasaki family home. Brian's command leadership has had a relationship with this precious family for years, and we were invited to share lunch and an afternoon with them at a traditional Japanese house in Gonohe tow

n, which is about 30 minutes from Misawa. I was standing in this little room, listening to the rain falling on the roof with a sound that could only be described as musical, letting this tiny little elderly woman wrap me up like a present,

like origami, and I thought, I can't believe that I'm here, having this experience! We had so much fun. We ate until we were stuffed silly, even Sadie, who had grilled squid (she's far more adventuresome than her mom!) and rice cookies and coffee jello. We all dressed up in the kimonos and the samurai clothing, and we got to try to do the traditional tea ceremony (very poorly), and we took a short walk in the rain in these gorgeous gardens. I felt so blessed and honored by this beautiful family and so appreciative to have been able to have such a special day.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home