Tuesday, January 16, 2007

January in Japan






We have had fun this month, although I'm starting already to gear up for losing my Brian to the Navy again for a few months. Ugh. It's more difficult this time, with everything that has been going on in the world. I need to daily remind myself to trust Jesus with my family, with my husband, with our future, with Sadie. What would I do without the Cross? I am dependent on the grace of the Lord as we deal with sending Bri away.

But, oh, I'm so grateful for the gifts that are our friends. We went to Lake Towada with the Moores on a rainy, snowy day. Oriase Gorge looks much different in the snow. Still dreadfully beautiful, but dangerous and dark and holy in a way. I felt that sense of really being someplace that is foreign. I sometimes feel lost here. The next pictures are from that other place that I love here, Tanesashi Seaside in Hachinohe. I think I'm spelling that wrong. It's lovely in the winter time too. But freezing. Brian and Hyatt share so many (crazy) similarities, as you can see from their antics, on a very high rock, let me add, in the ice, and the wind...

We went sledding Saturday. Not much snow still, but my crazy man took Sadie down for her first ride. She was a little chilly. We are good. Life is good.

1 Comments:

At 5:50 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

Hi guys...good to get an update. That is a wonderful, though a bit eery, first picture you put on here. Of course I love the pics of your little family most of all:) Sad to here the Navy is stealing Brian away from you again..can't they just leave him alone?! :) Well, love you guys. Don't know if you have read our news that we are expecting TWO babies in June!! We can't believe it. Wish you were closer. Love ya, Jenny

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home