First Day Preschool
Sadie had a few weeks of what I called "try-out" preschool this summer, but then we started in earnest this August. She is such a little student. She loves, loves, loves getting up, getting dressed, getting her back pack ready. The other morning on our way to school, she told me the whole day's schedule..."And then we go for a walk, and then we come back to the Seahorse classroom and we sit on the ocean carpet and Ms. Dora picks out the purple elephant and if we have the purple elephant we go and wash our hands and we have to stand in line, but then we get to get our own plates and NOT push and then we get to eat lunch"...I'm still not totally sure what the purple elephants signify, but what a great story! She is learning this week about dinosaurs, so there is a lot of roaring at our house. Hilarious. She told me yesterday that she's a "terantasorus T-Rex." Man, does that girl know how to learn!
I don't know yet what we're doing about schooling, whether our philosophy will be home school, public school, or private Christian education. It's such a major life decision, but I think my "decision" is that the educational philosophy of our household will be based on the lives of our kids. Where we are as a family, where they are as a mind and body, what they need. And only God's grace can give us insight into that kind of wisdom.

1 Comments:
She looks lovely, smart, and way too grown up! Tell her I noticed the pretty pink nails as well. :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home